Japanese Gallery
Quick Search

Contact us on:
+44(0)20 7229 2934
View Cart Wishlist
Sign In

Sign Up
Sign Up

More Info
Sign In

Gift Voucher

Get a gift voucher, the ideal family gift
More Info
Online Prints Catalogue
  • Prints



Item code : DUc010

Artist Utagawa Yoshiume
Subject Landscapes
Series Famous places in Naniwa
Publisher Honsei
Format Oban (Horizontal)
Size 29 x 37 cm
Date Meiji (1868 - 1912)


Sumiyoshi Todai (Sumiyoshi lighthouse, on the left) was built at the river port of Ogaki, the bottom side of Ogaki castle around the Genroku era (1688-1704). It still exists today. It is 8 meters high, made of wooden gable roof and long strip panels.

The River Suimon in Ogaki, stretched out to the Kuwana Port was an important port town for merchants’ trade during the Edo and Meiji Periods.


Very good. Backed, two small holes on the middle top, middle crease, some stains in the bottom left corner.